Sunday, April 21, 2013

Go Mo!

I watched the London Marathon. It brought back terrific memories from last year and I'm left wondering if I should give it another crack next year. We shall see. A terrific run from one of the City of Norwich athletes who clocked 2:28:35 to win his age group in the 45-49 category. That's fantastic going. I enjoyed watching Mo but couldn't help thinking why he didn't keep going until reaching the half marathon point.

So fired up I headed out at lunchtime for a trot. I started off well but had the benefit of the wind. I then had to battle the last 7km to keep the pace the same and ended up clocking 21.1kms in 1:28:23 (4:11's). Pretty tired come the end of that and no way I'd have kept that pace up for the full marathon.

That's 85.8kms for the week. That's it now for racing - 5 races on 5 consecutive weekends was nice while it lasted. Caveat - unless I can find a race next weekend! Then Tuesday week I'm off to Portugal for some warm(er) weather training so looking forward to that.

Enjoying the snooker. A shame to see Mark Williams get knocked out as he is one of my fave players but the new White is a great talent.

No comments: